Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOW?!

Snow in Texas? Why yes, it snowed in Texas today! Sophie and I were quite excited to wake up to snow on the ground. Poor thing, however, didn't quite understand how to navigate the iced-over stairs. She finally froze in place and gave me this pathetic look that said, "please pick me up." I was pretty convinced that the light layer of snow in the morning would be it for the day, but no no my friends. It started snowing again around 4pm, and I mean like legit snowing. I've never seen it snow like this in Texas. I bundled Sophie up and drug her out to play in the snow. Below are some videos and a couple pictures. The video was easier to take because she wouldn't be still long enough to take a picture. This dog loves the snow.


Sophie watching the snow fall from her bed


Sophie getting bundled up in her sweatshirt (with a hood of course) to go play outside. So happy, can't you tell?


The only decent picture from outside


WARNING: I apologize in advance for the crazy camera action. It was hard to hold on to her leash and follow her running around at the same time.







This will kill my mother, but all the snow did make me miss living in D.C. It's so fun to actually live somewhere that has seasons. Perhaps one of these days I'll make it back that direction for a couple years with work.



No comments: