Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Roth What?

Oh ladies and gentlemen, if there were any day for my head to explode from information overload, today would have been the day. I don't know exactly why I chose to torture myself so early in my career, but I decided to take the company sponsored Early Career Financial Planning course. Alright, you may continue to laugh for 15 more seconds. I will be the first one to say that I am not the most financially minded person, but I figured it's about time I figure out this whole money, budgeting, investing thing.

The instructor had many great things to say and plans to create, and I will probably have figured out what all this means by the time I'm supposed to take the Mid-Career Financial Planning course. Bleh. Is it bad that I hope to marry someone financially minded because if we have to really solely on me, we're screwed!

143

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I'm going to give you a book recommendation, and I hope you buy it, because it truly helps a lot.

"Smart Women Finish Rich" by David Bach.

He also wrote the Automatic Millionaire (they both have about the same information, but I recommend the woman one more - it has a bit more and is more geared towards women.)

Anyway, I read it in college and it's in plain English and it has a lot of good information in it.